What are the symptoms?
- Feeling sad, ‘flat’ or down most of the time
- Losing interest or pleasure in activities
- Feeling tired or lacking motivation
- Changes in your weight or appetite
- Having problems sleeping or sleeping all the time
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Feeling restless, edgy or slow
- Having difficulty concentrating or making decisions
- Thinking repeatedly about death or suicide
Are you suffering from depression?
If you are experiencing depression symptoms it is important that you visit your GP or a healthcare professional.
Your GP or psychiatrist will be able to determine whether you have depression. They will consider your medical history and will ask questions to find out which depression symptoms you have and if these symptoms are impacting your life.